The National Hockey League (NHL) offers a thrilling blend of speed, skill, and strategy, making it a favorite among sports bettors. While many bet types in NHL overlap with other sports, there are some wagers exclusive to hockey. Let’s explore these unique NHL bet types to enhance your betting experience.
1. Puck Line Bet:
- Description: The puck line is hockey’s version of point spread betting. Typically set at 1.5 goals, the favorite must win by 2 or more goals, while the underdog must either win outright or lose by just one goal for the bet to cash.
- Example: If the Boston Bruins are -1.5 against the New York Rangers, they need to win by at least 2 goals for puck line bets on them to be successful.
2. Grand Salami:
- Description: This bet involves wagering on the total number of goals scored across all NHL games on a given day.
- Example: If the Grand Salami total is set at 55.5 for a day with 5 NHL games, bettors can wager on whether the combined goals in all games will be over or under this number.
3. Period Betting:
- Description: Instead of betting on the entire game, bettors can wager on the outcome of individual periods.
- Example: You can bet on the Toronto Maple Leafs to win just the 1st period against the Chicago Blackhawks.
4. First Goal Scorer & Anytime Goal Scorer:
- Description: Bettors can wager on which player will score the first goal of the game or whether a player will score at any point during the match.
- Example: Betting on Connor McDavid to score the first goal or to score at any time during the game.
5. Team Totals:
- Description: Instead of betting on the combined score of both teams, you can bet on how many goals a specific team will score.
- Example: Wagering that the Tampa Bay Lightning will score over 2.5 goals in a game.
6. Correct Score:
- Description: This is a wager on the exact final score of the game.
- Example: Betting that the Pittsburgh Penguins will beat the Washington Capitals 4-2.
7. Future Bets on Awards:
- Description: These are wagers on players winning specific NHL awards, such as the Hart Trophy (MVP) or the Vezina Trophy (best goaltender).
- Example: Betting on Nathan MacKinnon to win the Hart Trophy at the season’s start.
8. Parlay Bets Involving Player Stats:
- Description: Combining multiple bets related to player performances in a single wager.
- Example: Betting that Sidney Crosby will have over 1.5 points and Carey Price will make over 28.5 saves in their respective games.
NHL offers a plethora of unique betting opportunities that cater to both novice and seasoned bettors. Understanding these exclusive bet types can not only enhance your viewing experience but also provide diverse avenues to potentially increase your winnings. As always, research, stay updated, and bet responsibly.